The Word of God teaches us that
“Where there is no vision, the people
perish: but he that keepeth the
law, happy is he.” (Proverbs 29:18).
This verse is the only place in
Proverbs where prophetic vision
is mentioned, based on the Hebrew
word used in this verse for “vision”.
It refers to the prophetic revelation
that can be given only by God.
Having a vision of where God wants
to take you results in ministries
with clearly defined goals and objectives
designed to lead you, both individually
and collectively, to your destiny
in Christ. In order to have a spiritually
healthy, happy and productive life
every individual, every family,
and every local body of believers
must have a God given vision.
As the pastor and visionary of Sixth
Mount Zion Baptist Temple, God has
given Pastor Barber the anointing
and responsibility to “write the
vision” and “make it plain” so that
all partners in fellowship with
this body of believers can use their
individual and unique gifts and
talents to see it to fruition. Our
vision is not where we are now,
but where God has shown our pastor
that we must go.
We believe that God is at work throughout
the world redeeming people to Himself
and that we have been commissioned
to join Him in His work. Therefore
we believe that God has revealed
to Pastor Barber that Sixth Mount
Zion Baptist Temple's Vision is:
1. To create an atmosphere that glorifies God, builds healthy relationships, and develops Christian values.
2. To provide services that help challenge young people to reach their full potential, spiritually, socially, academically, and professionally.
3. To partner with local agencies in an effort to improve the quality of life in our communities and serve as a mobilizing force for ongoing outreach in our neighborhoods.
4. To recruit and prepare missions teams to provide spiritual growth, educational assistance and medical services both locally and internationally.
5. To work intentionally in order to provide opportunities of partnership between ministry departments and local and national agencies.
Just as our Vision Statement explains
where God has shown Pastor Barber
he is to lead us, our Mission Statement
tells our purpose, our very reason
Our Mission Statement is based on
the Word of God and the life He expects
every believer to live. Our church
ministries and our daily walk must
be dynamically impacted by our stated
mission.We believe that God is at
work throughout the world redeeming
people to Himself and that we have
been commissioned to join Him in His
The Core Values
We exist to lead people to Christ and help them grow through meaningful relationships, authentic worship, and solid biblical truth.
Our Core Values represent the heart
of SMZBT. They are non-negotiable
and indicative of how we will relate
to God and to one another. Our Core
Values are essential to the fulfillment
of our vision and mission.
Sixth Mount Zion Baptist Temple’s Core Values are…
2. Prayer Dependent
3. Servant Leadership
5. Healthy Relationships
6. Spirit of Excellence
7. Vibrant Worship
8. Wise Stewardship
9. People Focused
10. An Atmosphere of Love
11. Faith that Works